Okay, I have a confession. I make fun of Nate sometimes because he loves to write, but never does. He doesn't write much, because he thinks it has to be perfect, and who has time for perfect writing? I confess that I'm a hypocrite. I started this blog with grand visions of literary genius (even though I said I didn't). But, it's not possible. Not even close. I have friends that can be great moms with a clean house, home schooling, AND blogging long posts on top of it. Not me!
So, I know I never finished writing about Chevak. You'll just have to deal, and so will I. Maybe I'll get to it someday, but for now I'm going to slow down and just write a little bit every couple of days.
Here goes...
- Day one of homeschool-pre-school started today (I won't be home-schooling in the long run, just this year to save cash). I tried to introduce Ben to "A". I made him a poster and we drew and colored all sorts of things that started with "Aa". I repeated "A says aaaaa" till blue in the face. The problem? Ben kept saying "F says pppp." Oh dear, this could be hard. :)
- Sam is walking!!! If you can call two steps walking, that is. He started last week at the beach. Grandpa Mike encouraged him and he took his first step in the sand! More of a pivot, really. Then, on Saturday (8/24), he took TWO steps with Uncle Jeff! It was awesome. We're trying to get him to practice as much as possible, but, really, scooting is so much more efficient.
- Sammy's first official word (not including "uh oh" and "whoaaaa!") was "Cheee" - said in front of the camera at Jenny's house in Alaska. So fun!
Change is coming...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment