The last three months have flown by and I want to put in writing what a sweet baby God has given us. Seriously, I am so in love! Levi smiles pretty much any time you look his way and make eye contact. Not just a little smirk, but a full on, crooked, make you laugh out loud, joyful kind of smile. I'll post some pictures below.
Not just that, but it is so easy to read his needs! (Or is it just that I comprehend baby-speak more now?). If he cries, I know he is either hungry or wet. I don't schedule, but he rarely wants to nurse before two hours. And if he's not hungry and not wet and still is fussing, I know then that he is tired. I take him into our room, swaddle him, give him a few kisses, pop in his binky and he drifts off to sleep. Seriously! I used to only read about such babies. I think God has blessed me after all of the hours spent rocking and tiptoeing and wishing more than anything that babies had a "sleep" button. Well, Levi sort of does!
In truth, there were a few weeks where he would cry a lot in the evening. The culprit? Chocolate. It is almost embarrassing to admit how much chocolate I must have been ingesting. At first, I thought it was dairy, so after avoiding dairy for a week, chocolate seems like such a breeze!
So, let's post some pictures!
First, I better back up some. Drat my procrastinating...
0-1 Month Photos
Our Levi-Bot, 2 days old, (Made by my cousin Emily)
9 Days old
I just love this one.
Some of the first attempts at a picture of all three.
I wonder how many of these I'll be attempting in the next 30 years?
I feel that the next two pictures capture our new life to a tee.
Plus, they make me laugh.
Levi started smiling after just a few weeks.
1-2 Month Photos
Unfortunately, we left our camera charger at the hospital after Levi's birth, so for a few weeks we were fine. After the battery ran out, however, it took a few weeks to order, receive the wrong one, and reorder a different battery. Here's a few from Levi's 2nd month:
The first thing Ben does when Levi wakes up is ask to hold him.
Sam, on the other hand, had a rough first few weeks. A picture speaks a thousand words...
2-3 Month Photos
And now, we come to the present! I am typing with 4 sick boys in the house. Nate is in bed with a sore throat and the other 3 boys are afflicted with runny noses and watery eyes. Anyways, here are some of our most recent photos:
This was while decorating for my sister's shower at church. There were 4 little ones literally running and screaming circles around him!
Those pics made me smile! Brothers are such fun. Looks like you guys are having a blast. Let's get our boys together soon!
ReplyDeleteLittlest brother might turn out to be the biggest! Looks like you feed him well. :] He is super cute and I am glad that you have pretty much an angel baby.
ReplyDelete