Next week, our Sam will be four! I can hardly believe it. This year has been very special for my relationship with Sam. When I watch him and snuggle with him, my heart wells with love, tenderness and gratitude for the little man he is becoming.
Four is right on the cusp between toddler and little boy. I see so much of Sam that is still toddler-ish: screeching loud when he's frustrated, snuggling with me for a long time when he first wakes up, carrying his blue, ratty, old blanky everywhere he goes, and needing help to get in and out of the car and into his clothes.
Yet, there is also so much little boy shining through too: watching out for his little brother, vacuuming the house and helping Daddy carry wood, getting out his guitar to sing praises whenever the worship music comes on, making his bed, brushing his teeth, understanding Bible stories and chapter books. I love to see him blossom.
Silly
Creative
Musical
Expressive
Snuggly
Exuberant
Excited to learn
Ready to follow those he loves like Ben and Gideon
Lover of Nacho Libre, singing praise, chocolate, and Star Wars
Here's Sam and Levi getting ready to head out into the only snow we got this year. I love how Sam is so seriously taking his role as big brother, especially when Ben is at school.
Look at this sweet smile.
Sammy still takes a nap a few times a week. Often in our bed. On this day, I just sat and stared at him for awhile. I feel the years slipping by all too quickly and want to remember how blessed I am to take care of this little boy.
I posted a video of Ben pedaling his bike, but look how fast Sam can go without pedals!!
He's our speedy gonzalez.
Sam and I do school a few days a week at home. We're going through the letters and numbers, writing his name, etc. I like to pick a science-y type theme to go with each new letter as it is introduced. This last week was J and Jedi. Gotta explore the important things in life, you know! Mostly, though, he hangs with me, plays with Levi, stirs ingredients, reads books, pretends with his "guys" and just gets to be a little boy. Days are pretty quiet at home with Sam and Levi and I like them that way.
The other 4 days of the week when Ben is home are filled with a little more "zest", we'll call it. Laughter, shouting, arguing, wrestling, jumping off of tall things, pretending %50 of the day. Just being boys. They do almost everything together and I love to see their friendship blossom.
I love being your Mommy, Sam. I can't wait to see what adventures you take us on this year! Can't wait to keep snuggling each morning. Can't wait to see Jesus continue to shine His face upon you!
No comments:
Post a Comment