Before getting all tech-ie on you, I used to write the cute things that the boys said and did in a little spiral notebook. It was often lost, chewed on, or otherwise indisposed, so I shall convert the quotes to blog, for their own safety. As copied straight from aforementioned notebook...
11/19/2009: This morning, Ben was singing a song he made up: "I like me, I like meeeeee." Very sweet sounding, but just how does one teach their child humility?
11/23/2009: During bathtime, Ben touched my arm and said, "You're bootifoo, Momma." Awwwwww.
11/26/2009: The Kellar adults are sitting around the table, when Zoe comes out with really big eyes and says, "Mom, come here." We get out of her, "Evie is wiping Ben." Margaret and I run to the back bathroom and sure enough, Ben's legs are covered in poop. Evie had tried to wipe him...
12/2/2009 Ben has diarrhea and as he's sitting on the pot, he says, "My poop is spitting."
12/10/2009: Ben, while watching Swiss Family Robinson recognizes the pirates as bad guys, but doesn't know quite how to express it, except by saying, "Those guys are NAUGHTY."
12/23/2009: Ben is sitting on the potty and says, "P.U. I smell crotch!" Nate happened to mention that word once while changing Sam's diaper. Quick ears.
12/2009: Ben loves to say sweet things to me out of the blue, like "I love you Momma", or "I'm so proud of you."
12/2009: Nate overheard Ben and Eve have the following conversation: Eve - "I'm a girl and you're a boy." Ben - "No, I'm a GIRL!" Eve - "NO, You're a BOY!" Ben - "NO, I'M A GIRL." And on and on...
2/2010: Today, we went to visit Great Grandma DeDee in the hospital. Ben kept talking about the "alligator" (elevator).
4/2010: Before hitting two sticks together, Ben looked at me and said, "It's gonna be violent, Momma."
Change is coming...
7 years ago
Look forward to hearing more. I really need to write the stuff down!
ReplyDelete