This week I have been particularly blessed to be a SAHM. We had such a nice long Christmas break, with plenty of time as a family. On Monday morning, saying goodbye to Nate, I felt refreshed and ready to tackle the week ahead. Nate started coaching on Monday, and, although we miss him dreadfully the extra hour or two that he is away, there is the added financial blessing. I feel less pressure to be out there earning cash, and more freedom to simply enjoy my life as a Mom.
Sam:
Sam is a little man in the making. Every day brings a new string of words. Even though it is only 8 am, I've already heard him shout "Amen" at the end of our morning prayer, and give commands to "Dake" (Jake), the dog of my friend Madeline who we are keeping for a few days. One of the commands is a pronounced, "Shit", as he tells Jake to sit, while I smuggle my smile. He just zoomed by me, mumbling to himself, "book, book, book" as he headed to the back to find some more books to read. Another bookworm in the making. Recently, Sam has gotten into washing. If he sees me doing the dishes (often), he holds up his little hands and declares "wash". I then give him a washcloth, but it must be at least damp. He proceeds to walk around the house wiping down random surfaces. Yesterday, as I was engrossed in an e-mail, I felt my foot being lifted and pushed around. It was Sam with a "wash". Now I have a clean foot, and a little guy living like Jesus told us to!
Ben:
Ben is an excellent big brother. He spends much of the day trying to convince Sam to do what he wants (bring backs memories of my own childhood, ahem, sorry again Sarah). Lately, he loves to ride his tricycle at break-neck speeds around and around the loop between the kitchen, dining room, office and hallway. He also figured out one day that when the pack and play is turned upside-down, it makes a perfect rabbit cage! He loves to repeat over and over the fact that he is a rabbit that is escaping his cage, while I am the farmer trying to get him back in it. Or, that he has been bitten by a bear and needs "Dr. Sam" to help him. It's a fun game and, hey, at least he is eating more carrots these days!
Ben is finally getting over his infatuation with "chickens and pink cake". It was beginning to get tricky finding a new book featuring pink cake at the library (not to mention the quizzical looks of the librarians when Ben would ask where books about pink cakes are at). His love of the color, however, continues, much to his daddy's chagrine. We think we'll be getting Ben a kitten for his birthday because he just LOVES our neighbor cat, Jill. Ben seems to be the type that will always have some infatuation or another. Now, besides cats, it is "IRON MAN" (said with your deepest most robot-y voice), whom he takes everywhere. He also loves his Buzz, but usually only wants to play with him when Sammy wants to.
Also Heard Recently:
"That's totally Wicketts!" - Ben quoting the little boy on The Incredibles, who is really saying "Totally Wicked!"
Knocking on the door to the laundry room. Ben was going to check on Jake (friend's dog), who was sleeping in the laundry room. Nate caught him knocking on the door before he entered.
Hysterical laughing in the middle of the night. At about 3am a few nights ago, I was awakened to hysterical laughing from the boys. I'm still not sure what Sam said, or did, most likely a fart, but it made Ben laugh. They were squealing back and forth. I had to be pretty stern with them to get them to stop, but, of course, I wasn't too upset. Love to see them bonding!
Change is coming...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment