Today was the day Sam first told me "I Love You". And he did it without prompting! I was getting him dressed and, granted, I had probably told him recently, "I love you" (I tell my boys many times a day). He leaned in and said, "Luvoooo." My heard melted.
Also from Sam:
Sam loves, loves, loves to help. Lately, I realized he can even call daddy and brother for dinner. I'll tell him dinner's ready and he'll poke his little tummy out, get his right arm swinging and speed out of the kitchen shouting, "Eat, eat, eat...."
When Sam says frog, it sounds very convincingly like another four-letter F word. Not good.
The Latest from Benny Boy:
Whenever Ben talks about his daddy at work, he says he is at "to work". Is Daddy at towork, Mommy? Will you be at towork tomorrow, Daddy? etc.
About a month ago, Ben was sitting on my mom's lap while she put his shoes on. It was her day off and, let's just say, she hadn't taken any time to do her make-up or hair for the day. Ben looked up at her with very serious eyes and asked, "Are you an old girl, Grandma?"
Two nights ago, I overheard Ben give this mock threat to his dad. (Said in his fiercest monster voice). "I'm gonna screw you." Nate - "WHAT did you say?!" "I'm gonna screw you." Ben poked his little finger out and began drilling in to Nate's arm, drill sounds and all. If only we were all so innocent.
A quote from my Dad, who was giving Ben a hard time about his Buzz Lightyear. "Oh, I see you have Fuzzy Whiterear with you..." Went well over Ben's head, but sure made the rest of us crack up!
At night, we usually sing a few songs with Ben. Mostly the classics, Jesus Loves You, Jesus Loves the Little Children, etc. One night, Nate thought it would be a great idea to teach Ben a Cup'ik song (the language of the Cup'ik Eskimos that we lived with for 5 years in Alaska). The song in Quyana Jesus (Thank you, Jesus), and Ben loves to sing it. And the coolest thing he started to do on his own...he gets the picture of the Eskimo Dancers from Chevak and holds it as we sing the song. Pretty cool, don't you think?
Finally, I don't think I have mentioned one of the sweetest things Ben does nearly every night at dinner. He has for about a year now. During prayer, he stands on his chair (while we're not looking, of course), leans way over the table and kisses my hand. Totally his idea. I couldn't make that up if I tried!
Change is coming...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment