Ben's Decision:
A couple of weeks ago, the boys and I were reading about Jesus and his friend Lazarus, whom he brought back from the grave. Ben has been pretty interested in death lately, right down to acting it out with Sam. He was asking about dying and I said that after we die, we go to heaven. He wanted to know how to get there, so I told him he needed to ask Jesus to help him. He immediately bowed his head and prayed without prompting. It was so sweet. I've been watching him for the last couple of weeks to see if there is a difference. I haven't noticed too much. He is so young and doesn't understand a whole lot. It's just the first few steps of a life-long journey! We love you, Benny-boy!
Recent Sam Quotes:
After he accidentally hit his brother while playing and I asked him what to say: "Dank You, Yo Wewcum, sowwy, I 'give you." All right in a row, right on cue. I guess he was just covering his bases!
A prayer Sammy petitioned, after listening to his brother. He bowed his head and said, "God. Jesus. Bible. Owie."
Sam loves to read! Here is a little video catching him in action.
Recent Ben Quotes:
After driving by Camas, which has a stinky paper mill, "Boy, Camas sure poops alot."
After my dad complimented on his new haircut: "Grandpa, your hair fell down." (Dad: "Where did it go?") "On your face."
Oh gosh, I know there are SO many more, but that is all I can think of for now!
Together:
One of the funnest things to watch is the boys growing friendship, and the conversations which come from it. This morning, Nate and I witnessed them pretending to sleep in the living room. Side by side they cozied up in the blanket. "I luvoo," Sammy said to Ben. Ben just gave him a huge smile.
The boys talk about robots, dinosaurs, and their agenda. It mostly entails Ben telling Sam what they'll do next. Sam chooses between "Sure!" and "Doewanna." When Ben needs to use the bathroom, he tells Sam, grabs him a pile of "George" books and Sam sits on the step stool in front of Ben while he does his business. Can't wait to use that as blackmail some day!
Change is coming...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment