Friday, October 25, 2013

Little Boys and Their Words

Okay, so it has been a LONG time since I updated everyone on how the boys are doing!  I honestly don't see how people fit it all in - blogging, schooling, laundering, dish-washing, diapering, cleaning, gardening, working, parenting, food-preserving, everything-ing.  Obviously, I don't.  I know it is just a stage, but I am looking forward to when I can update more often!  Maybe the fact that I have a bit of time today is a sign that the post-baby stage is nearly over.  Yay or Sniff?  Mostly sniff.

I used to update often on recent quotes, but it's been almost a year and a half!  I keep their cute little phrases in a section of my Home Management Notebook (Read Tsh Oxenreider's book Organized Simplicity yet?  Go buy it!), so at least they have a safe place to be stored.

Here goes:

Ben's Cute Quotes:

After seeing me avoid beans during Levi's infancy, I noticed Ben was picking the beans out of his taco.  "What are you doing Ben?"  "Oh, I didn't want to hurt Levi's feelings."

After we had a long conversation over breakfast about prophets and what God calls them to do.  "God is telling me something, Mom."  What?  "To marry a woman."  Good news.

"Mrs. Niceling": the name Ben called his teacher after his first day of kindergarten.  She's Mrs. Goodling.

"Ben, did you think about Jesus today?"  "Yeah, mom!  When I was playing with the bears during choosing time, I remembered that God made them.  And I remembered Jesus when I was on the crowded bus!"  (So proud).

With a huge grin on his face and excitement in his voice over his discovery, "Mom!  I have something to tell you!  Inside every old stump is a tiny little seed."  There's a sermon there somewhere.

With tears in his eyes, Ben described how one of the boys in his class lost his bag of cars he had brought for show and tell.  This is a boy who is very poor.  All of a sudden, "MOM, why don't I give Cesar some of MY cars!!  Oh, I can't wait!"  And he did.  (Again, so proud.)


Sam's Cute Quotes:

Not a quote, but oh so cute.  Last spring, he got on his socks, boots, hat, coat (zip it up momma?), which is no small feat when your that little.  Ran outside for 10 seconds, literally, then came back in and took them all off.  His mission?  To pick me a dandelion which was to be promptly placed behind my ear.  Sweetie boy.

"Jesus is a tiger.  Yes, He is!  Jesus is a tiger."  A day after hearing the song "Hail, hail the lion of Judah" and my explanation of why the Bible calls Jesus a lion.  Close enough, right?

Sam used to say all of his S sounds with a SH instead.  Imagine our muffled laughs when Sam yells across the park, "The birds S*it on the tree mom!  The birds s*it on the tree!!"

"Where is your sock, Sam?"  "I don't know.  The tornado took it."

"I love you mommy." Said multiple times a day.

"Is it school time yet?" Repeated about 5 times each moring of a school day.  This boy takes after his Momma.  He LOVES school!

Sam is pretty gifted verbally (remember how when he was two, he said to me, "Actually, mom, I realized something important"?).  So, often the things he says are understandable, hence not as many funny quotes as perhaps a normal 4 year old!


Levi's Cute Quotes:

"Mammy" = Sam
"Papa" = Grandpa
"Mamma" = Grandma
"Baby" = anyone shorter than 4 feet.
"I buvoo" = I love you

At 1am:  "Hi-yee.  Hi-yeeeee. Iwonadrink.  Hi-yee Hi-yeeeee.  Iwonaapple."  Did you catch that.? Yes, that's him asking for room service by using my first name!!

Levi says SO many things now!  Much of it is hard to understand, so it's often a guess and check (this? this? this? "Yup" when you get the right thing).  Nevertheless, he is more understandable every day.

More on Levi, and all the boys soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment