Friday, November 29, 2013

"Love Me for Me"

God blessed my socks off with lots of things last night.  For starters, my dear friend Karen.  A friend who has been a true friend.    One who was not been afraid to call me out on sin when I needed her to, challenging me in good times and bad to keep my eyes on Jesus.   Because she loves me.  A true "iron sharpens iron" kind of friend.

Karen didn't know it, but it had been a rough week.  As I left the house, I still had ringing in my ears the sounds of the week, like a

whining 6 year old,
a complaining 4 year old,
a tantruming 1 year old

Sounds I desperately needed a break from.  

Karen bought me tickets to see JJ Heller.  Heard of her?   She's a young mom who loves Jesus, sings angelically, and loves to share her story through song.  There was not a song I did not enjoy.  Cried during most of them (emotional much?).  She writes music with her husband, and many of their songs are for their two little girls.  The kind of songs I would want to write to my kids.  If I could write songs.

Here's a few I particularly loved:

"Love Me"

"Who You Are"

"Your Hands"  


Thanks you, Karen, for an evening I needed and loved!  Thank you, Jesus, for great music and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment