- Sam is a sweetheart: He says, many times a day: "I love you Momma." "I love my little Levi." "I miss Ben."
- He enjoys helping me with chores. You name it: folding laundry, washing Levi's diapers, pouring "gredients", sweeping, picking tomatoes. Whatever it is, Sam loves to help.
- He's a quiet one. Without a big brother to rile him up, Sammy enjoys playing quietly with himself, helping me, or exploring around outside. Usually, silence in the house is a bad sign, but lately I have gotten pretty used to it! Sam will be out on the swings, coloring, reading a book quietly in his room, or snuggling on the couch with his blanket.
- Sam is our musician. The other day we were visiting Auntie Sarah (a place he loves to be!), and Sam said, "Mom, we have to go home!" Why, buddy? "Because I need to play Daddy's guitar."). At church, he watches our worship leaders with intensity, feeling every beat. I am, in fact, on the look out for a children's guitar, if anyone reading this happens to have a lead...
- Sam still takes 2-3 hour naps! Translate: 2-3 hours of Mommy time when I can get Levi's nap coordinated on the two full days when Ben has school. I have not had this much time to myself for quite some time! It is fabulous.
- Sam loves learning. We do our little homeschool pre-school on most days. He sits down with such importance and seriousness. He is a joy to teach.
- Sam loves every moment he has with his brother. On Tuesdays and Fridays, the full days when Ben is home, Sammy wakes up bouncing off the walls! Well, they both do. Heck, so do I. I love having all three of them under the same roof with me. It makes me feel that all is right with the world.
- Sam is a very eloquent little guy. The other day he started out his sentence like this: "Actually Mommy, I've realized something important..." Remember, he's 3.
- Sam's takes this pretending thing very seriously. When he is wearing his knight costume, he IS a knight (don't call me anything else, Mommy.) When he is wearing his Spidey costume, he is Spiderman. When he takes it off, he is not Sam, oh no, he is then Peter Parker. Here's the video to prove it:
We like to have our lunches in unconventional places,
like in a teepee, or on the front steps, or, like this day, on our treehouse!
Walking home from dropping off Ben at school. I am so grateful that at least one little man still loves to hold his Mommy's hand!
No comments:
Post a Comment