First, though, I should probably note that from 8/20-10/6 I have been very busy with coaching volleyball. It was really fun, great for the budget, good to get back on the court, great for building relationships with 8th grade girls. Mostly good things. It was difficult, however, for this momma to be away from my baby so much. He has changed so much since my last post!
Here's some notes on our Levi-bot and his quickly emerging personality:
- Levi is a smiley boy. I think I have probably said that about each of our kids, but it is always true! Just yesterday there were at least a dozen people that Levi smiled at while walking around Camas. I know because they would suddenly turn and smile at me, or kind of at me. Then, I'd realize they were looking past me and smiling at Levi, who was riding along on my back. It is really fun, and, incidentally, a great way to meet new people!
- 8-9 months is one of my very favorite baby stages. He loves to sit amidst a pile of toys and watch his big brothers wrestle and play. However...
- He is just starting to get a bit frustrated with this immobile baby-stage... I can just tell, through the wiggling of his finger and toes, that he really longs to join that aforementioned wrestling match.
- He loves his mommy. Really lots. Not so much into letting just anyone hold him these days. Needs to at least have me in sight if he can't be in my arms. And I do feel that after the late night nursing sessions, hundreds of dirty diapers, and hours of care, that I can indulge in this baby-love.
- Levi is finding his voice. When he is tired of sitting in his chair, whether in the car or at the table, he definitely lets us know in an ear-piercing way.
- He has 2 bottom teeth and 2 just-emerged top teeth. Here's a picture of the first tooth:
- Levi loves to nibble on most anything we put in front of him. In this video, you can see him trying out some new foods. And, even better, you can here his awesome Chewbacca chuckle!
- He LOVES bathtime! [Even though he doesn't get one all that often. Ben got one every night. Sam maybe every 3rd night, Levi when he's too stinky to kiss...] Here's proof:
Everybody loves Levi!
Consta-smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment